Problem gambling signs
Are you worried about your gambling?
There are many questions you can ask yourself to understand if gambling is becoming a problem for you. If you answer yes to some of the following questions it is recommended that you seek advice from one of the support organisations listed on this site.
- Do you find that you are becoming preoccupied with past gambling successes?
- Do you find that you need to increase the amount of money you gamble to achieve the same enjoyment and excitement?
- Have you recently tried to stop gambling but were unsuccessful?
- Do you become moody or impatient when you are cutting down how much you gamble?
- Do you ever use gambling as a way of ignoring stress in your life or to pick you up when you feel down?
- Do you ever try to win back the money you lost by increasing the size or frequency of your wagers?
- Do you ever hide how much or how often you gamble from significant others?
- Have you ever committed fraud or theft to get money to gamble with?
- Has gambling ever ruined a personal relationship or an occupational or educational opportunity?
- Have you ever needed others to relieve a financial problem created by gambling?
- Do you lie about your gambling?
Use our budget calculator to analyse your spending habits and review how much of your discretionary income you spend on gambling. It is fast and easy to use, and you may find it very helpful.
Please click here.