Are you worried about your gambling?
There are many questions you can ask yourself to understand if gambling is becoming a problem for you. If you answer yes to some of the following questions it is recommended that you seek advice from one of the support organisations listed on this site.
- Do you find that you are becoming preoccupied with past gambling successes?
- Do you find that you need to increase the amount of money you gamble to achieve the same enjoyment and excitement?
- Have you recently tried to stop gambling but were unsuccessful?
- Do you become moody or impatient when you are cutting down how much you gamble?
- Do you ever use gambling as a way of ignoring stress in your life or to pick you up when you feel down?
- Do you ever try to win back the money you lost by increasing the size or frequency of your wagers?
- Do you ever hide how much or how often you gamble from significant others?
- Have you ever committed fraud or theft to get money to gamble with?
- Has gambling ever ruined a personal relationship or an occupational or educational opportunity?
- Have you ever needed others to relieve a financial problem created by gambling?
- Do you lie about your gambling?