Listowel Family Resource Centre
Typical geographical area is Listowel Urban and Rural with a population of circa 16,000. However, Listowel FRC run two key supports which have a county wide remit, namely Post Natal Depression Supports and LGBT+ supports for over 18’s.
- Counselling Service; including play therapy & child art therapy and now of course support for problem gambling.
- Social Prescribing Service
- Childrens Centre (Creche, pre-school, After Schools & out of school’s service)
- Adult education courses
- Support Groups, e.g. Womens group, PND (county wide), Parents of Children living with Disabilities.
- LGBT Programme (County wide): Transkerry, Family & Friends of LGBT support group, LGBT Peer mentoring Programme, ScEEN in Kerry for Social Activities, Kingdom Pride.
- Self Harm and Suicide Prevention intervention and post supports as well as being a training hub for SafeTalk, ASSIST & Understanding Self Harm in partnership with Regional Office of Suicide Prevention.
- One to one family supports including Meitheal
- Parenting & Childrens Programmes, e.g. Parents Plus programmes, Incredible Years, Rainbows, Strengthening Families.
- Targeted Youth Employability Support Initiative
- Meeting space for AA, NA
- Outreach Clinics; Jigsaw, KACS, SK Counselling Service, HSE Addiction Counselling, MABS, Employability Services.
- Networking & linking and working in collaboration with many community & voluntary and Statutory agencies.
Contact directly on 087-3684490 / 068-23584 or via email on [email protected]
Once our counsellor/psychotherapist David is contacted directly, he will converse with the client and together they will decide what mode of communication suits the client best. This includes offering support via telephone and/or through the use of online platforms.